Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 7: Making your OWN stencils from die cutting machines

 
Hello friends!                                                             
I am spending today and tomorrow working on backgrounds, so you will see these completed with the journaling on Sunday's post!

I used they dylusions spray ink on the background:
 
I have been stamping and cutting out letters using my Brother Scan-N-Cut with the new Sketchy alphabet that is coming out THURSDAY in our new release!  I LOVE being able to stamp a sheet of letters and have them cut out within a couple of minutes by this machine!  BUT if you have a different cutting machine, you can use the 'scraps' from the images you cut for your stencils in your art journaling pages!



 Used some white to tone it down; had to go over it later with a little gesso, it was too strong for my background.  Then I used white to spray through the numbers.  If you mind little bits of purple mixing in with the white ink as you do this, use a paper towel to wipe the stencil down after you use the purple (you can also dry it)

Cool!
NEXT, I used Inspired Stamps set: THANK YOU as my stamps:

 I chose the one solid leaves stamp with black waterproof ink to stamp all around my page:
 

 
 Next, I added flowers from the set and colored them with the dylusions spray ink using a water brush filled with the pink spray ink.  You'll see to the right I stamps on punched round flowers from patterned BAZZILL paper:
 
It is ready for my JOURNALING MY BIBLE STUDY part!  You will see it on Sunday!

How are you doing in YOUR art journal?  Leave us a comment!  We love to hear from you!
Blessings,
Antoinette
www.inspiredstamps.com  (shipping most orders SAME DAY as they are placed:  sale going on now!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words welcomed here!