Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Card in a Box photo tutorial + Brother's Scan-n-Cut

Hello friends!
Today I have the very popular CARD IN A BOX or CARD BOX to show you!  It is a fabulous creation that I do not know who originally created, but there are lots of these cropping up all over blogland, pinterest, and I'm sure other places.  The great thing about this card is that it can be layed flat to fit in a standard envelope!

Here's how I made this first one (I've made a number with different sizes and shapes, so be sure to play around with the cutting figures to come up with larger or different shaped versions):\

Cut a piece of paper 9x5.5".  The 5.5" keeps your height the size of a standard A2 card and it's envelope.  Score at 21/8, 41/4, 63/8, and 81/2.  Cut straight up the strips on top and cut out the 1/2 inch that is left to the right, leaving the part you see under my finger above to be pulled over and adhesive put on it so you can make your box:

Next you'll decorate the top flaps and the sides of your box using 2"x 25/8" pieces of pattern papers, leaving one side to stand tall at 5.5x 21/8:

I put a sheet of white paper 1/4 inch smaller than the back  straight piece on it, stamped it, and wrote a message.


I also cut out 2 strips of 2.5" blue cardstock and scored a 1/4 on each side to glue the 2 pieces in the center that will hold the flowers.
 Then I stamped with Distress Inks onto a piece of white cardstock and used my new Brother Scan-n-Cut machine.  Oh my, ladies!  This machine is super fast and easy to use.  It SCANS the flowers, then I can decide how much of a white space outline I want (if any) and it cuts them so quick. 
 
 
All these were cut out, the uncolored ones were colored with Copics and I stickled them in under 5 minutes!  It would have taken me longer than that to just cut these flowers out!!  I will do a tutorial with the Scan N Cut one day so you can see how fast it is!  It's amazing!  I hand wrote the word bloom and it fussy cut that out too!!


 Now I glued the bottoms of the flowers and a circle cut verse from Inspired Stampers Favorite Collection and put these on those strips and behind the first flap and on the back tall piece with bloom on it.  The front view of this is:                                            
                                                           

and it lays flat to fit into the envelope:

 
I also made another one with the Dylusion Ink Sprays and tags 
using the BIND AND STITCH and FLOWER VALUE PACK stamps:
 
 I would love to see what you come up with!  Leave us a comment with your blog address in the comment section and I'll go have a look!

SATURDAY begins our 31 Days of March!!  I am so excited to get to start this!!  Let me know if you are planning on joining me!  The more the merrier!!
 Have a blessed day!
Antoinette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words welcomed here!