I am so excited to FINALLY be able to share with you a weekly challenge that we are starting here at the Inspired Stamps blog on January 6, 2013! We will begin a year-long pursuit of expressing GRATITUDE! Why GRATITUDE? Scripture reminds us many times the importance of giving thanks, and of dwelling on the things which are pure, excellent, lovely, etc. But with all the challenges and heartaches that come to us in this life, it is so easy for us to get side-tracked from giving thanks in addition to praising Him, putting all our needs before Him, and confessing to Him where we have fallen short.
By focusing on something EACH DAY or EACH WEEK to be thankful for, we will take our focus off of ourselves and our concerns, and put them back on our God who provides for our every need, even in the midst of trials and heartbreaks. And my hope is it will get us all to look at each day and see beyond the 'big things' (such as family, health, daily provision) and begin really being able to see what some may miss or refer to as the 'little blessings' that God provides each day, too (such as a beautiful snowfall, time to create, opportunities to care for someone else).
Here is a FREE print out I made you are welcome to copy for your personal use. Click on it to see it larger:
WHAT WILL I DO IF I JOIN INSPIRED STAMPS IN THIS 52 WEEKS OF GRATITUDE?
First of all, you can join us as much or whenever you like. So if 52 weeks seems too much for your calendar, perhaps just focus on monthly or just to make time once in a while to do this. Just try to make it more than you are doing right now so you can see progress in your thanksgiving pursuit!
1. Choose your art form: Do you love to make cards? Scrapbook? Make Artist Trading Cards? Art Journal? Paint? Draw? Sculpt? use a written journal? Or perhaps you are like me and you love all of these and want to mix it up each week...great! We will have samples of many of the different art forms each Scripture Sunday where we showcase different ways to get your gratitude down! I will also show you how to make this simple to take to a daily venture to jot down what you are thankful for that day.
2. Go to the following links to see samples of how to do each art form with a gratitude focus:
You can find the post for SCRAPBOOKING this by clicking HERE
You can find the post for ARTIST TRADING CARDS by clicking HERE
You can find the post for CARD MAKERS by clicking HERE
You can find the post for ART JOURNALING by clicking HERE
You can find each week of our challenges here:
WEEK 1 by clicking HERE
WEEK 2 by clicking HERE
WEEK 3 by clicking HERE
3. For those wanting to do a Scrapbook the same way I do, I will be using the SNAP STUDIO 8x8 binder and pages from Simple Stories for the Scrapbook I am going to make. You can use any brand and any size you like. This is YOURS. Make it what YOU like it.
4. We will be using Inspired Stamps for all the stamping and verses, but this is not a requirement for you to participate with us. You are welcome to use the verses we have for each week or use another verse or quote that you find more meaningful to you, or just print out your own typed verses. Here are the stamps and the verses we will use for the month of January. Each week this year will have a different Bible verse:
Jan 6: Psalm 118:24
Jan 13 Psalm 92:4
Jan 20 Psalm 47:1
Jan 27 Psalm 28:7
You can find all these stamps for $3.99 each by clicking HERE or going to www.inspiredstamps.com while supplies last
5. Leave us a comment to this post to let us know that you plan to join us! You can copy and paste the logo here to your sidebar of your blog and in a post if you want to let your friends know about our challenge:
6. There will be PRIZES each month randomly chosen from those who participate!
Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today and checking out our new adventure!! Be sure to leave us a comment if you plan to join us! We want to hear from you!
You can head over to see our 1st week's post by clicking HERE
Antoinette and the DT!!
We ship most orders out the SAME DAY you place your order
to get your stamps to you as fast as possible!