It's week #8 of our 12 Weeks of Christmas Tutorials and Leesa has outdone herself for this tutorial!! I'll let her share with you now! Take it away, Leesa:
(it's a rather long banner so please click on the photo to get a larger, clearer better view of it)
I am sure you are itching to make one of these :)
So let's get on with the show!
You will need -
Elegant Dotty Alphabet Stamp Set available from Inspired Stamps
Vintage Christmas Stamp Set available from Inspired Stamps (Tree sentiment used for background on lettering sentiments)
Sing for Joy Stamp Set available from Inspired Stamps (music staff used)
Heart Shaped Dies – Nellie’s Multi Fame’s used MFD022
1 inch Circle punch / die – Nellie’s Muliti Frame’s used MFD 020
Black Embossing powder – Ranger Super Fine Detail Powder used
Rangers Archival Ink – Sepia
Distressing Inks – Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain used
Versamark ink pad
Rhinestones in red and clear - Stash
Lace - Stash
Twin / Ribbon - Stash
Bell x 2 – small – Stash
Techniques used -
Second Generation Stamping
The Good Part - The How To!
Step 1 – Making the Circular Letter Sentiment ‘BELIEVE’
1. Using the Elegant Dotty Alphabet stamp from Inspired Stamp, Versamark ink, black embossing powder and white card-stock – Stamp out the individual letters of your sentiment and heat set the embossing powder. For this tutorial I am using the word “Believe”. Allow room around each of the letters to cut / punch them out. I stamp first and then cut – allowing me to centre the image more accurately.
2. With you ‘alphabet letter’ now stamped and cut out, ink distress the edges. Next take the tree shaped sentiment from the Vintage Christmas set from Inspired Stamps – I have used this as a second generate stamp for the background. Using the seina ink, ink up the Vintage Christmas sentiment tree, on a scrap piece of paper, stamp once and then stamp over your ‘alphabet letter’ circle sentiment. This gives a softer look and the appearance your letter is floating above the background.
3. Turn your ‘alphabet letter’ over and place lace behind. I run a strip of double sided tape around the edges and then tape down my lace.
4. Turn your ‘alphabet letter’ back over to the front, embellish the dots with rhinestones and place aside.
Step 2 – White ‘Music Staff’ Heart
1. From white card-stock ,cut the smaller of the die-cut heart(s) (9 used for this tutorial) and ink distress the edges. Using the ‘Music Staff’ from the Inspired Stamps Sing for Joy set, Versamark and black embossing powder, stamp the ‘music staff’ repeatedly down and across the heart. Sprinkle with the black embossing powder and heat set.
2. Turn the heart over and adhere the lace to the back – Again, I run a strip of double sided tape around the edges and then tape down my lace.
3. Place hearts aside.
Step 3 – Background Heart
1. From Kraft card-stock, cut the larger of the die-cut heart(s) (9 used for this tutorial) and ink distress the edges.
2. Attach the twine/ ribbon used to hang your banner – I run a stripe of tape up the middle of the heart and place my twine on the tape and then cover again with another strip of tape.
3. Place hearts aside.
Step 4- Assembly of the individual hearts
1. Take one of the background hearts and layer ontop one of the ‘Music Staff’ hearts – I just use double sided tape to stick them together, liquid glue or a glue gun would also work.
2. Next, centre and layer one of your 'letters' on top of the ‘Music Staff’ heart.
3. Repeat the above until all hearts have been assembled.
3.a- For the end hearts, take one of the bells and some twine and tie in a bow. Center and stick down in place of an ‘alphabet letter’.
Lastly - Full Assembly
1. Attach your individual hearts onto a long piece of ribbon/ twine ... and hang :)
I have used little wooden pegs to hold mine in place as I am forever changing things around each year & I hate untie-ing knots and bows. This also doesn't take up as much room in the Christmas closet :)
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial
I am totally inspired, Leesa!! Now I have to go make one of these! BEAUTIFUL!!
Thanks so much for your hard work on this, and EVERYTHING you do!!
Our specials going on right now include the coupon code for 25% off your TOTAL ORDER PLUS when you order FRIDAY through MONDAY, this week only, we will include 1 FREE set for every 2 Stamp Sets you purchase AUTOMATICALLY IN YOUR ORDER!! If you have a preference of stamps you'd like to receive, just email us the name of the set you'd like to get FREE that is of equal or less value from the 2 sets that you purchased---no limit! So if you purchase 2 stampsets, you'll get 1 FREE, if you purchase 6 stamp sets you'll get 3 FREE, etc:
Have a blessed weekend and thank you all so much for your support!
Shipping most orders the SAME DAY they are ordered!!