Monday, December 5, 2011

Art Journals: Mixed Media Monday

Hello friends!
Today I'd like to share with you some more of the mixed media art I gave you the tutorial on last Friday!  I have decorated several art journals with this method of glue/tape/embellishments/and ink.  Above is a closeup of this one, but the cover is not finished yet.  This watercolor journal will be a place I put Scripture from the book of Matthew along with my journaling about it:
This next one I'm using in a class I'm teaching locally tonight and will contain different techniques I can try out here before 'risking' it in one of my other art journals:
Below is one of the pages I've just begun (not finished either lol) which combines stampingm chalks, and  watercolor techniques (Stamps are Inspired Stamps:  FIR TREES and BIND AND STITCH)
I'll do a before and after once I get it finished so you can see what I'm doing.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments both here on Facebook!!  I have randomly chosen a winner of the frame and 2 new Winter His Little Ones stamps!  The winner is...

A Scrap Above said... WOW! This is simply amazing! I am so glad I found your blog through the RAK group on FB..
I am going to try and make this, its very pretty!
TFS
Bonnie

Congratulations, Bonnie!!  I'm so glad you found us too!!  Be sure to email me your mailing address  to us at inspiredstamps@gmail.com BY THIS FRIDAY NOON and I'll get this right out to you.  As always, if I don't hear from Bonnie by Friday noon ET, I'll be putting this prize in with our BIG GIVEAWAY that is only 2 weeks away!!  Whew!!  Christmas is almost HERE!!

I will be back soon with some more Inspired Artwork...
Until then,
Be the Blessing!
~Antoinette 
www.inspiredstamps.com  We are still getting most orders out the SAME DAY as they are placed!!  Don't forget we have E-gift cards that you can purchase for your friends and it will show up directly into their email addresses!!  Save on postage and make someone's day!!

5 comments:

  1. Another fabulous project, Antoinette! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your bkgd techniques are amazing, antie! congrats to bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the background is amazing, and your art journal pages look awesome!!
    Congrats to Bonnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty technique!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words welcomed here!