Friday, October 21, 2011

12 Weeks of Inspired Christmas Creations: Week #3 BOX IT UP!

Hello Festive Friends!

Are you ready for ANOTHER week of our Inspired Christmas Creations?  Today I have decorated boxes FILLED with cards---a great gift idea (who wouldn't send more cards if they were already made and organized in an adorable box?).

Here are the boxes I made (one for a man and one for a woman)...I got the boxes at Hobby Lobby and didn't get the brand name so I will come back and update that info once I get back over there:


Here's how I made them:

Using the Inspired Stamps 6x8 Colorable Letters and my Copic Markers I stamped directly to the top with Momento black ink on the man's box and onto paper for a softer look with the woman's box:

I used the sponging tool with the tea dye Distress ink around the entire boxes edges.
Then I stamp my pieces (I used the stitching and verse from the Bind and Stitch set..I love the way the stitches are so crisp!!)
Next I stamped and colored His Little Ones: Praying Boy and His Little Ones: Praying Girl using Copic Markers and cut them out (I wanted their outfits to look fuzzy, so I took the colorless blender solution on a paper towel and dabbed them after I colored them):
Next, I used some left over Petaloo flowers, ctmh opaques, and Michael's ribbon to glue all the items on the boxes:

Now for the inside, this clever box comes with dividers (yes!) and was ready for the cards I had made to fill it with (here are a few samples of those):


So what do you think?  Is this a project YOU might do for a Christmas Gift? Remember to Leave a comment to THIS POST and/or on our FACEBOOK page to be automatically entered in our Giveaway!  Those prizes that are NOT claimed will all be added into a FINAL GIVEAWAY prize package that will be worth over $100!!  So make sure you are commenting each week!  You have until SUNDAY MIDNIGHT to comment!

SPEAKING OF CHRISTMAS AND GIVEAWAYS....

GUESS WHO WON OUR DESIGN CONTEST FOR THE NEW Christmas His Little One's stamp set?!!

We actually chose 2 winners, as I used ideas from both of them to make not only HLO stamps but a new full-sized Winter Ruth character, that has the ability to hold several different items!!  I can't wait to share these with you but before that, I'm sure you wanna know who won the Free sets!!

Belinda K----You inspired a 4x6 set called Winter Ruth, with a brand new full size character Ruth!!  You wanted a character that has the ability to hold different items, and you got it!

and our HLO: Christmas Boy winner goes to...

Jamie M---You suggested Him holding a Christmas ornament (and I've drawn him this morning doing just that!)

Thanks to everyone who gave ideas both here and on Facebook!

NOW DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT HERE TO BE ENTERED TO WIN A PRIZE THAT INCLUDES ITEMS FROM THIS WEEK'S INSPIRED CHRISTMAS CREATION!!

I'll be back Monday to announce the winner!
Be the Blessing!
~Antoinette
www.inspiredstamps.com  (Shop our online store:  We are shipping most orders the SAME DAY as you place it!)

15 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! I'm soooo excited my idea was chosen. Thanks so much:)

    I love this project and I am going to need to make it for my mom for Christmas. I adore the "fuzzy" jammies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning idea! I love the sets used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew Belinda had a winner the minute I read her idea. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations to the winners:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats to the winners! Your boxes are wonderful, from the tops, to the little fuzzy jammies! Great job, my friend! Can't wait to see what is next :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card boxes--great for a gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked the suggestions. Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the card box! congrats to belinda and jamie:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Belinda & Jamie!! Love this idea, it's a great gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This project is Amazing!! I'm totally going to need to do something just like it!! It's a fabulous Ideas & I love the verses you used!! Thanks for the ideas, it's a perfect Gift!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the simplicity and beauty all wrapped in one package. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great project! I would make these for Christmas gifts as well as other gifts for birthday etc.

    Congratulations to Both Belinda K and Jamie M!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! What a neat project idea!! I'm thinking teacher Christmas gifts!!! Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea. I would never have thought of giving a box of cards to someone as a gift. It is a wonderful idea though and I can't wait to try it out. I am loving your 12 weeks of Christmas. I am getting so many ideas to do for gift ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Belinda and Jamie--Great ideas. I can't wait to see these stamps. I love the card box with cards as a gift idea.

    ReplyDelete

Kind words welcomed here!