Friday, December 7, 2012

12 Weeks of Christmas Tutorials: Week 10: Kary's Slider Gift Box!


Hello friends!  Today is our Week 10 Christmas Tutorial from Kary and it's a great one!  Before I hand it over to Kary, there are only 2 more days left in our HUGE SALE ON ALL CHRISTMAS STAMPS, with a couple of sets already sold out!!:
OK Kary, show us your great tutorial...




I am always looking for box ideas - I love constructing boxes and decorating them.  A few weeks back, I bought some cupcakes and I thought the box was really nice.  So, I made a smaller version of it using standard sized cardstock.  I think the box will hold some chocolates or a small gift.

From an 8.5 x 11" kraft cardstock, I scored and cut the box in the dimensions as shown in the photo below.  Then I folded the box and cut off the corners as shown.  On the 0.5" edges I added a strip of scor-tape to hold it down.  This forms the base of the box.


The cover of the box is like a matchbox cover, which slides into the box base. Cut the 8.5x11" kraft cardstock down to 5"x11" and score as per the photo below.  On the shorter end, add scor-tape to hold the box together.



The next photo shows how the box opens, slide the cover off the box base.


To decorate the box, stamp Winter Ruth on the scrap piece of kraft cardstock and colour her with Copic Markers.  Fussy cut Ruth and adhere her with foam adhesive squares onto the patterned paper (City Sidewalks by Pink Paislee) which was cut using Spellbinders Romantic Rectangle die, adhered to a piece of red cardstock.  Tie a gingham ribbon around the box before adhering the patterned paper piece onto the box. Decorate the box with a silk flower and some blings.

Here are the Copic markers I used:

Here are more photos of the box:



I hope you like the box, and give it a try.
 --------------------------------------------------------
Kary, I LOVE It!!  Thanks so much for your great tutorial!!
Blessings,
Antoinette

3 comments:

Kind words welcomed here!